TOHS The Center
In the News
AP Research: STEM
Field Trip and Guest Speakers
AP Research: Humanities/Social Sciences
Senior Culminating Experience
AP English Literature
Parent Exit Survey
Student Brag Sheet
Parent Brag Sheet
STEM Research Topic Sources
AP Research Project Titles
Indicates required field
Your Email Address
Please provide an email address that you check regularly. We will send application updates and ask questions, if need be. This is also where we will send our admissions decisions on Feb. 14th.
For each of the following questions, limit your response to 200 words.
This form does not allow you to save and continue at a later time.
We recommend that you complete your responses in a saved Word document and cut and paste your final responses into this form at one time. Applications are due by February 22nd (11:59pm).
1. You receive $25. Assuming you have to spend it, what would you do with it and why? Why is this worth your time.
2. Think about a time outside the classroom when things didn't work out as expected. Describe the experience and tell us what you learned about yourself.
3. Imagine you've been accepted into The Center for Advanced Studies and Research at Thousand Oaks High School. Now what? Tell us an idea about what you'd like to research and why this matters.
4. If you could improve one thing about yourself as a person, what would you want it to be and why? How has this hindered/helped you in the past?
5. Describe a previous experience with a long-term project inside or outside of school. What role did you play within the team and how did this contribute to the success of the project?
6. What about The Center appeals to you? Why are you applying (other than to help you get into college) and what are you hoping to gain from the program?
7. You have become an internet sensation (We're guessing showing us your soccer skills probably won't go viral). Have fun, be creative, show us a little something about you in a 60-second clip.
*In order to complete the video response question above, please record via phone, camera, etc. and upload to YouTube following the steps below:
Log in to your YouTube account or create a new one at
in the upper right corner of the screen
Please make sure you change the privacy settings so we can view your creation. This should be under the Video Manager tab
box appears, please type in firstname.lastname@example.org and select
Then, click the arrow in the middle of the screen to select your video file to upload
After you've made your selection, in the text box under
, please title your video "The Center Application 2018-2019 - Your Name"
When the video is done processing, click
8. Is there anything else you would like us to know?